Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Procreate - Not just a word to Giggle at

When I first heard of the app I won’t lie, I just giggled at the name of it.  That put aside, so far I’m really enjoying this drawing app. I’m also new to drawing on an iPad. Mind. Blown.   I have not created much with it yet. My experience so far has been trying all of the brushes and movements with the Apple Pencil. I’ve gotten lost for hours with this. The smoothness of writing on glass gives a whole new experience with hand lettering.  Although I miss the aroma of markers and ink, practicing on the iPad is very convinient. I can save my materials for hand made items and not waste them on practicing new shapes, letters and doodles.

The things I’m most excited about with this app so far are-
1. The vvariety of brushes and how you can alter your brush so it’s just how you want it to be.
2. That you can organize your projects in the gallery. For example, I have one project labeled “Instagram” and I have been placing everything I’ve made for Instagram in it. 
3. I can easily switch and alter layers.
4. I can zoom in and rotate the canvas!

Although this is probably the most expensive app I’ve ever bought, I think it with be insanely useful and I’m very excited to be able to create with Procreate.







No comments:

Post a Comment