Tuesday, March 27, 2018

My favorite books

It’s been to many years since I’ve had these books in my hands. I finally unpacked them from storage from my parent’s attic. This is not quite all of them.   Yes they are children’s books, but to me, they are beautiful. I love the illustrations, the little details and how the pictures interact with the type.  As I study these, yes study, I get more and more excited about working toward my goal of illustrating a children’s book with the hopes of one day being published.  

At least half of my books came from books signings I’ve attended throughout school and a few after.  I’ve met the top pop-up books artists, my favorite illustrators like Chris Van Allsburg and even Julie Andrews (I Know!!!). Hearing all of them read their books and answer questions afterwards has always been inspiring.  I’ve never met a children’s book author or illustrator that didn’t love what they had accomplished. And to me, that is important in any dream/goal that you have in mind.  

 













No comments:

Post a Comment