Sunday, March 25, 2012

Stare Down

     I've decided that I have been doing a lot of work that has a goal in mind. I think it is time for me to do something for no reason. So I am standing in my room, listening to the audio book of "The Help" staring at this blank canvas trying to think of something to paint. So naturally I start to feel like an old western, and the canvas and I are the characters about to have a shoot out. At this point I have no idea who is going to win but I will put up a fight.
     Earlier my dad, who I call by his first name, Jeff, which probably sounds more like "Juff", was helping me find a board for me to paint on. My mom, Tina, asked what it was for. Jeff said, before I could speak, "SHHHHH! She's going to do art for once and I don't want to discourage her!"
     I laughed at this and realized that it's true. So I'm not going to work on the project intended tonight (which was a painting for someone else). Instead I will work on something more difficult that I haven't done in a while... a portrait of someone.... I just need to decide who the lucky (or not so lucky if it turns out bad) the person will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment