Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Finished Double Irish Chain Quilt

Here you can see me finishing up the sewing of the quilt. I took the entire finished top, along with the batting and the back to my aunts house in Bedford county. There, along with my grandmother, we used her new quilting machine to finish up the quilt. Normally I would have my grandmother quilt it and I would attempt to hand quilt along with her. She is very fast at it but I wanted to have it done in a day. Plus I had never used a quilting machine before and I wanted to see how it works. The finished product came out really nice. You can see where I quilted and how I need to learn to make smoother lines but I like how it came out. Hopefully the person receiving it as a Christmas gift thinks so too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment