Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sparkles!

That's right! I have a pet cow. My brother works for a milking company and while visiting a farm, a farmer offered him a baby calf that had been born only hours before on December 13, 2011. He texted me and asked me if I wanted a cow and my response was... "Who doesn't?"  Needless to say, later that night my brother came home with a beautiful baby Jersey cow. I named him Sparkles, not sure why but when someone asked what his name was that was the first thing that came out of my mouth.




 Luckily I have an amazing boyfriend who knows all about calves like my father. So he had the supplies needed to raise one. Like a bottle, milk replacer and all of the right shots to give him to prevent illness. He is still doing great and I am actually currently working on a wood burn drawing of the calf. Hopefully it turns out good!

No comments:

Post a Comment