Wednesday, August 8, 2012

More progress.

I'm continuing to work on the painting of pappy Chet. Tonight I worked on the dog and started to get a feel for the plaid patterned shirt. I do think that some areas on the left side of the figure should be darkened so that the light on the figure itself is more dramatic. Although this picture was taken on a typical afternoon for him, it is actually kind of deep. An old man holding his young dog with a watch on his wrist. Maybe it's just late and I'm looking to deep into it, but after years of looking for meanings of paintings in my art history classes, it's kind of cool/annoying to be doing it on my own paintings. Especially one that isn't complete. I will make one comment that is true though.... I am not a fine artist. This is still just a painting of my grandfather and his dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment