Sunday, October 2, 2011

High School Statement

So I was digging through my closet today and I found my portfolio from high school. I went through it just to laugh at the things I used to think were really good until I came across a paper I had to write for one of my art classes. I don't remember why I had to write it but it reminded me why I love doing art so much. Here are some of my favorite quotes that I wrote 5 years ago during my senior year of high school.

"...I create art because I see things in a different way then most people do. I look at the humorous side of the glass and I paint it."

"When someone looks at my work I don't want them to try and analyze what my feelings were at the time. I hope that the see something happy or somewhat comical. The whole "depressed" artist thing is overrated."

"I like to look at the bright side of life because not doing that is just to much time wasted."

No comments:

Post a Comment